Beat the Cold with a Little Sun and a Round of Golf
- Fort Meade (about an hour’s drive from Tampa) features one of the most impressive golf courses in the East at Streamsong Golf Course. Ranked among the top 100 courses in the nation, the Streamsong resort offers a stunning array of dunes, lagoons, and lakes along its greens. Offering two separate courses, this resort is famous for its scenery as well as its challenging golfing.
- Ponte Verde is unmatched when it comes to offering challenging golfing at its renowned TPC Sawgrass Resort. Featuring two-par 72 courses, it is the home of the Players Championship. The courses most impressive challenge: the 17 hold island green that even the pros have to work at to master. Worried that you can’t keep up at this one-of-a-kind course? No worries – plenty of golf enthusiasts with little knowledge (or even talent) plan weekend getaways here to enjoy this professional course and beef up their game.
- Troon North in Scottsdale: a great place for the entire family,this resort not only offers the golfer two great courses; beautiful backdrops; and an amazing staff of helpful pros, it is kid friendly making it a great getaway spot for the entire family to enjoy.
- We-Ko-Po Gold Club in Ft. McDowell: not the place to go if you are looking for other amenities, this golf club is designed for serious golfers only. At We-Ko-Po, golf is the only game in town. This one-of-a-kind 36 hole course is nestled far away from it all in the desert. A great place to enjoy the game without any other distractions, the solitude here makes it the perfect backdrop for both an intense game or a leisurely one that allows each player to simply enjoy the game in a picturesque desert surround.
- Grayhawk Gold Club of Scottsdale: a more modern approach to the game, this unique course combines rock and roll and golf to offer an eclectic blend of music and play. Set among both desert and mountains, the course offers a different viewpoint depending on which hole you are standing at. Players can enjoy hitting balls on the green with piped in rock and roll music coming from an array of speakers scattered throughout the area. While not every golfers dream, this modern approach to the game is a big hit amongst younger players. This is a great course to play walking golf with an electric golf trolley.
- Pebble Beach Gold Links (Pebble Beach) is well known in the golfing world having hosted the U.S. Open five times (with the next scheduled for 2019). Although it features one of the priciest greens fees in the industry, golfers of all ages and levels flock to this impressive course simply to experience this “course of the pros.”
- Spy Glass Hill another popular Pebble Beach course is the unique Spy Glass Hill who names its holes after the characters found in the famed novel Treasure Island. Recently named one of the op favorite public golf courses in the nation by industry experts, this course offers both newcomers and experts to the game a fun and interesting experience.
There are plenty of warm weather winter golf courses strategically located throughout the United States that can curb your need to pick up a club while enjoying the beautiful scenery and warm weather of a different region. Don’t dread winter – beat it instead with a round of golf on one of these spectacular winter golf courses.